Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our product here:
We use the term “Intimate Cream” as opposed to “Personal Lubricant”. This makes purchasing the product more comfortable, and this product has multiple uses apart from intercourse! Women can experience vaginal dryness or from several causes, and Olive & Bee may improve comfort and wellbeing.
Personal lubricants are designed to decrease vaginal dryness during intercourse. There are many times when this will be more of an issue, such as while breastfeeding, post menopause, or undergoing cancer therapies.
The vagina is meant to have an acidic environment. This encourages the development of good bacteria. Olive & Bee does not upset this pH balance. Olive & Bee does not support pathogenic growth, hence helping to prevent irritation. Using an oil also acts as an emollient, which means it seals the skin to keep microbials out and allow healing.
Olive & Bee doesn’t have a pH, as it is oil based. This is only applicable with water based lubricants. Hence Olive & Bee won’t interfere with normal pH or osmolarity.
Unfortunately oil based lubricants are not compatible with condoms. To be compatible, the lubricant must be water based, and then needs to have a preservative added. In order to create a 100% natural lubricant we realised that we were not able to achieve condom compatibility.
Olive & Bee can be used with silicone products such as dilators. However it is possible that the oil will cause some degradation of the product over time.
Olive & Bee is made in the beautiful Adelaide Hills, in South Australia. The ingredients are all Australian, the tubes are made in Australia, and all branding and promotional work is done in Australia. Olive & Bee is 100% Australian made and owned.
We have not yet done sperm testing with Olive & Bee.
Please check with your health professional.
Usually people with an allergy to bee venom will be Ok with products containing beeswax.
If you want to be sure, try a test patch on your arm first before applying in a more sensitive area!
Comedogenic refers to the ability of a product to block pores.
High comedogenic means that it readily blocks pores.
An example of such an oil is coconut oil.
One of the reasons we chose olive oil for Olive & Bee, is that it has a low comedogenic rating.
It doesn’t block pores and is readily absorbed by the body.
So, whether oils are safe to use vaginally depends on the oil.
Olive oil, and Olive & Bee, are safe choices for vaginal use.
Being oil based, it is possible that this product could stain certain fabrics. Some users prefer to use a panty liner to avoid this.
Olive & Bee does not contain any chemicals what cosmetic companies often use to stop their creams “splitting”.
This is especially common in hot weather, so try to keep your Olive & Bee at room temperature.
If the cream becomes runny, just give it a shake and the creamy consistency should be restored.
Yes, we can take a credit card payment over the phone.
Please call Claire on 0402462970.
Yes, we deliver with Australia Post, so PO Boxes are Parcel Lockers are fine.
Standard delivery in Australia is a flat fee of $10 for up to 50 tubes.
Express delivery in Australia is a flat fee of $15 for up to 50 tubes.
International delivery is 24AUD for up to 50 tubes.
- Our product information is believed to be accurate and reliable, however we cannot control or anticipate the conditions under which the products may be used, nor your particular circumstances.
- Patch test on sensitive skin first.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- The nozzle of the tube for this product is protected by a metal tamper-resistant seal. Do not use if the seal has been punctured or is not visible. Return package to place of purchase.
- Please refer to the ingredient list on your product package for the most up to date list of ingredients to ensure it is suitable to your personal use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In the unlikely event of a negative reaction, discontinue use and consult your medical practitioner.
- The company is not liable for reactions caused by improper use of this product.